I was tagged from my sister awhile ago, and I’m now just getting to it. It’s a long one and I had to allow myself plenty of time.
To participate just copy and paste in your own blog, and bold all of the things you have done.
1. Started your own blog … August 2007
2. Slept under the stars … Yeah, Ethan and I when we were kids always wanted to sleep out on the deck. Then camping a few times with friends, we decided to ditch the tent.
3. Played in a band…No, but I pretended a lot.
4. Visited Hawaii…Not yet.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity … Yes, Jeff and I gave this guy in Cleveland a $20 (which for us, is a lot) Then the next day we saw him walking out of a restaurant with some friends and then trying to give some other people the same sap story. I was pissed! Besides that, Christmas is a tough time of year for everyone, and I turn into a sucker.
7. Been to Disneyland … Yes many times growing up. I looooooved it. When I was really little I thought the castles were real and I wanted to go in them more than anything.
8. Climbed a mountain … Yes.
9. Held a Praying Mantis… Yes.
10. Sang a solo … When I was little, I sang a Disney song in front of a ton of people. I clammed up when it was my turn so my sisters had to sing with me. Once I got started, I wanted the spotlight to myself and wanted my sisters to stop singing. That’s how I show my appreciation.
11. Bungee jumped. nope
12. Visited Paris… Yes
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch … Yes, I loved art when I was young. I even won first place in 2nd grade. I guess that did it for me and I haven’t drawn much since. I reached my peak then.
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning … No, but I have witnessed my husband having food poisoning and neither one of us has eaten at Taco Bell since.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty…On the list.
18. Grown your own vegetables…The house that I grew up in had a garden. We always canned all of the fruits and vegetables that we grew.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France…Yes, it was really small.
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight … Yes
22. Hitch hiked…No and never will.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill … Who hasn’t?
24. Built a snow fort … Yes, made some great ones at the old house. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that much snow since my childhood.
25. Held a lamb…um….I’ve petted one.
26. Gone skinny dipping…huh…actually no.
27. Run a Marathon…On my list.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice…
29. Seen a total eclipse…
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset … I have seen many sunsets. I have seen a few sunrises too. I don’t know which one I like better. Probably sunsets.
31. Hit a home run…probably in someones backyard where the field was a 1/4th the size.
32. Been on a cruise… Not yet, but I get motion sickness really easy. So it’s not really on the list.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person…
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. This would be easier to answer and do if I knew where my ancestors came from.
35. Seen an Amish community Yes, when I lived in Ohio. I loved it. I took my friend Melissa there when she came out.
36. Taught yourself a new language. Didn’t teach myself, but took classes in school.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied… There are some things that I would still love to have. Like a house. We don’t have a ton of money, but we are blessed to be able to pay our bills.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing… Yes, and I got to tell ya, I wasn’t a huge fan. Sorry rock climbers. (which includes Jeff)
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David…Yes
41. Sung karaoke … No, I’ve always been to scared I’d get tomatoes flung at me. Although if anybody actually brought tomatoes with them, they are the bigger loser.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt… My family spent many summers up in Yellowstone and Jackson Hole.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant… Yes
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight … Yes, Jeff and I stayed at the beach on our honeymoon.
46. Been transported in an ambulance… I have lost track of how many times. Nothing worth mentioning.
47. Had your portrait painted…Yes, in Paris. It was a sketch.
48. Gone deep sea fishing…
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Yes, Then raced Ethan down the stairs. I probably won. 🙂
51. Gone scuba diving..
52. Kissed in the rain…Yes, I’d like to admit that it’s romantic, but when teeth are chattering…..I’d rather kiss my the fireplace.
53. Played in the mud … Made mud pies when I was little and when I went four wheeling.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater …Yes, Jeff and I would go when we lived in Kentucky.
55. Been in a movie. On the list.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China …on the list
57. Started a business…
58. Taken a martial arts class… When I was young, my brother and I took one and when I was up to kick the instructor, I missed and kicked him where it counts. I’m pretty sure that was my last class.
59. Visited Russia On the list
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies…I’ve eaten a lot of them.
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason….Yes, and I looooove when that happens!!! (hint)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma… No, I think about it a lot though.
65. Gone sky diving…Used to be on my list
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp…Jeff really wants to go back to Poland where he served his mission. I would want to see the camps. It would be hard, but I would want to see it.
67. Bounced a check…Oh gosh…..
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy …Of course.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial…yes
71. Eaten Caviar…Nope
72. Pieced a quilt …
73. Stood in Times Square … Not yet, soon though.
74. Toured the Everglades…
75. Been fired from a job….Unfortunatley yes. I didn’t like my boss and I told a co-worker that, It got back to her.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London…Yes.
77. Broken a bone… Nope. (knocking on wood)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle….Yes
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person…Yes.
80. Published a book… On the list
81. Visited the Vatican…
82. Bought a brand new car … yes
83. Walked in Jerusalem…
84. Had your picture in the newspaper…Yes
85. Read the entire Bible…no
86. Visited the White House…Yes, but the security guard really pissed me off. He treated us like a couple of rednecks. Oh wait…
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating…just fish. I kind of like gutting them.
88. Had chickenpox … yes
89. Saved someone’s life…yes
90. Sat on a jury…
91. Met someone famous…The Smashing Pumpkins. I’ve seen a few, but I’m not a very starstruck person. Except the Smashing Pumpkins.
92. Joined a book club… Yes
93. Lost a loved one … Yes
94. Had a baby … Yes, Lincoln.
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake ..huh, never did actually. I thought it was stinky.
97. Been involved in a law suit…no.
98. Owned a cell phone … Yes
99. Been stung by a bee…yes
100. Fallen in love … I’ve cared for a few, but only have fallen in love with my one and only.
I tag Melissa, Sarah, Robin, Emily C, Emily S, Heather N and Renee