You are currently browsing the monthly archive for July 2008.
Lincoln is growing up so fast. He’s learned how to do a bunch of new stuff. Sometimes we don’t realize how much he picks up on. He’s a little camera shy and he won’t do any talking when we are taping. That’s why he doesn’t tell us what sound the choo choo makes.
I don’t know the last time I’ve been to a move. Jeff and I don’t go much. We usually aren’t interested enough to make the commitment of paying $9.50 each and having some teenage know-it-all kicking our chairs. So we wait till video. But not this time….oh no. If you’ve been reading our blog you’ll know there is much batman love in this house. Last Friday Dark Knight opened and we couldn’t find a babysitter. So Jeff went opening night at 10 p.m. and I went Saturday morning at 9 a.m.
Then of course there is Mama Mia!!! I was sooo excited for this movie to come out. My mom took me and my sisters to see the Broadway a few years ago and we loved it so much. I’m nowhere near my family right now being in Nashville and I knew Jeff would rather eat grasshoppers than see that movie, so I asked some girls in the ward to go. Now on for the reviews.
Dark Knight: Amazing. It wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be. Believe me I’m the kind of girl who makes Jeff come into the bathroom with me when I’m scared. It was certainly more of a physiological thriller than previous Batman movies. I have to start off by praising Christian Bale. He has been my all time favorite male actor since Newsies. I think the much underrated actor is now getting the attention he deserves. Although I kind of liked it that he wasn’t the A-list, blockbuster hunk of Hollywood. Heath Ledger I’m sure will certainly get an Oscar for this performance. Even though it wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be, I still would be cautious about taking a kid to this movie. Maggie Gylenhal was ok. I mean, I think she was better than Katie Holmes, but the character of Rachel Dawes is just a whiny character. So full of guilt trips. But if you’ve seen Batman Begins, you already know that.
Mama Mia: I seriously wanted a slumber party with the girls after seeing this movie. I’ll be honest, I’m not one for Chick flicks. I didn’t like My Best Friends Wedding, How to lose a guy in 10 Days, or any of the other “two people meet, they usually annoy each other at first, then fall in love, do something secretly bad, the other person finds out what that something bad is, hate each other, realize they are really in love, and life is just dandy” kind of movie. You know the ones I’m talking about. But Mama Mia………soooooo good. I know most of the girls my age probably listened to Abba growing up. I can’t be the only one who listed to my mother’s music! It’s not just the music though, the cast was awesome, the dancing was awesome. It has so much energy, you will want to get up and dance in the theater. I hope I’m not hyping it up too much, but I am dying to see it again.
If any of you have seen these movies, let me know what you think. I know they just came out, but i like to get people’s opinions. If you haven’t seen them. GO SEE THEM!
(this is for Jeff who always thinks I put up embarrassing pictures of him)
I saw this awesome idea on my friend Kristi’s blog and thought it would be fun (I couldn’t stop laughing at all her memories) So if you would be so kind, please leave a memory you have of me. (try and be nice)
1. Add a comment on my blog. Leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn’t matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It’s actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I’ll assume you’re playing the game and I’ll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don’t want to play on your blog, or if you don’t have a blog, I’ll leave my memory of you in my comments.
Take that Apple.
Here are some random updates about our little family. We’ll start with Jeff.
(This is a very tired Jeff)
1. Jeff is working still and now studying for the bar which is in a couple of weeks. His bar class ended a couple of weeks ago. They say you should study up to 8 hours a day in preparation for the bar. Which makes me wonder….3 years of law school wasn’t preparation enough?
2. Batman is coming out in less than 2 weeks. I would say it’s safe to say that I’ve never seen Jeff so excited. Except maybe when the first one came out. I’ll admit, I share this excitement! Christian Bale is by far the best actor out there! He’s so underrated.
3. Jeff is learning how to cook. They usually involve some twist to an existing recipe. For example. He grilled fresh pineapple and made pineapple salsa and we rolled it up with our steak fajitas! Amazing! I highly recommend that one.
1. I’ve been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to think of something. Not much is coming. The boys are more exciting anyways.
1. Lincoln is jibber-jabbing away. He has learned a few words and for the most part is a pretty polite kid. He can make a few animal sounds and sings his heart out.
2. Lincoln has become quite attached to his diapers, and not the clean ones. After I change him and roll up his messy diaper, he will grab it and run off. This morning after I threw away his diaper in the kitchen trash, 15 minutes later I went into his room and saw the very same diaper in his bedroom trash can. At least it went back into another trash can.
3. I can’t rock my baby anymore. I used to pace with Lincoln and sing him songs as I got him settled down for bed. Now every time I try and sing, he starts to tickle me.
4. Lincoln loves shoes! First thing he does when he wakes up is finds a pair of matching shoes and brings them to either me or Jeff. Usually they are his red cowboy boots that Grammy & Popa gave him, or his Teva sandals that Grandma and Grandpa gave him. Sometimes he’ll try for Jeff’s shoes as well.
Speaking of watermelon, if you like it as much as we do, check out this recipie for grilled watermelon. I made some tonight and it was very delicious. Chemenn looked at me like I was crazy when I told her I was going to make grilled watermelon. But what does she know about watermelon, she doesn’t even put salt on hers. When she tried it, though, she admitted it was pretty darn good. Showed her.
Above: Grilled Watermelon.
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts + Bacon + Cheeseburgers = 100% Pure Awesome
Now I know what to serve at the Chugg Family 4th of July Barbecue.
Pretty sure these things are illegal in at least a half dozen blue states. Just had to knock those pictures of me down to the second post.
UPDATE: Since posting this, the Krispy Kreme Bacon Cheeseburger has become incredibly popular – so popular, in fact, that presidential candidate Barack Obama has made it the centerpiece to his new and improved campaign platform. Check out his new slogan:
Better than his last slogan…
Happy Birthday hon, why do I love you, you ask? I suppose i’ll tell you…..
I love how you talk to me, and somehow make it ok.
I love that you listen to 90% I say.
I love that you are smart, when I’m clueless I ask you.
You are my encyclopedia, and my dictionary too.
I love that you always try my foods when it doesn’t turn out so tasty
I love it that I know for sure, when you think i’m crazy
I love that you’re a goofy guy and sing in the shower too,
I’d say not many have seen you this way, only just a few.
I love that you love Lincoln, you are such a silly dad
I love how quickly you make him laugh when he’s just so mad.
I love those days when I just want to veg, I can always count on you,
I give myself credit for this poem, you are sounding too good to be true.
But one last thing that I love about you and would want all to see,
Is how good you are to your family, and how much you mean to me.